Our client specializes in medical conditions of the skin, hair and nails, as well as surgical and non-surgical cosmetic skincare, anti-aging and body contouring. The practices consistently are among the most highly rated in Northern California. The practice is growing and is private equity backed.
The Practice Operations Manager contributes to the mission, vision and values by assisting in the management, oversight and administration of our multi-site group practice operations. The Practice Operations Manager will work in collaboration with departmental managers and corporate leadership to evaluate, modify and develop business processes focused on providing excellent patient care while enhancing local practice profitability and improving operations. In addition, the Practice Operations Manager will provide operational improvement recommendations for individual medical practice operations and well as lead the systems implementation and integration of newly acquired medical practices. This position requires strong organizational skills, initiative, and the ability to work collaboratively across departments.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Lead business integration efforts to successfully onboard and integrate new practices.
- Provide training and support for existing and newly acquired staff.
- Work closely with local practice managers and their staffs to optimize clinical operations, implement best practices, and provide excellent patient/customer satisfaction.
- Monitor individual practice performance metrics and identify opportunities for operational improvement.
- Work closely with company leadership and support strategic initiatives.
- Work with and assist the marketing team to ensure practices have market presence, proper branding and the opportunity to increase patient volume.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned.
- Become a super user and trainer of firm’s practice management (PM) system. Assist existing offices to transition from legacy systems to new PM system.
- Develop transition plan for acquired practices to transition to EHR system (Modernizing Medicine EMA) and the PM system. The company will acquire 3-6 practices per year.
- Work with finance team to ensure all relevant financial information is reported timely and accurately so that total practice can issue financial reporting on time.
- Work with various clinic members to get all billings under one tax ID number.
- Assist in getting all providers contracted with all relevant insurers.
- Assist on standardization of reimbursement rates.
- 5+ years of experience as a medical Office Manager or Practice Manager with a demonstrated knowledge of the dynamics of running an effective, profitable physician practice.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- In-depth knowledge of medical billing and EMR systems.
- Emphasis on outstanding patient care and customer service.
- Ability to work independently.
- Effective leadership and relationship building skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.