The Tax Accountant is responsible for sales and use tax accounting, reporting, and filing including becoming the subject matter expert on sales and use taxes as they. In addition, the Tax Accountant is responsible for generation and delivery of certain assigned reports; and is responsible for supporting improved data integrity to support further sales tax automation for the billing team. The Tax Accountant may be assigned additional month end close related tasks as determined by the Supervisor-Financial Accounting.
Required Education, Skills & Experience:
- Monthly sales tax update in ticketing system.
- Ownership of the Sales and Use Tax charts, including updating documentation as new services are offered.
- Education of A/R teammates as sales and use tax statute changes are implemented.
- Primary liaison with external Sales Tax Auditors.
- Responsible for evaluation and approval/rejection of customer provided sales tax exemption certificates.
- Calculate use tax as required to comply with statutes.
- Support month end close tasks assigned by supervisor.
- Generate reports daily, weekly and monthly as appropriate.
- Meet timelines for filing and processing.
Preferred Education, Skills & Experience:
- Associates degree in Accounting, or 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
- Accounting and billing experience
- Proficient with Excel
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, and percentages.
- Ability to anticipate potential problems and proactively troubleshoot to resolve issues.
- Understand new information or materials by studying and working with them.
- Judge the costs and benefits of a possible action.
- Use reasoning to discover answers to problems.
- Identify ways to measure and improve system performance. Think of new ideas and original or creative ways to solve problems.
- Ability to build collaborative relationships, understand and educate internal and external customers. Demonstrates the proper behavior, communication and interaction to meet internal and external customer needs and concerns.