Job Title: Technical Support Engineer / Enterprise Tech Support Sr. Analyst
We offer award-winning products that simplify IT management for our customers. Our software provides critical components to expand, enhance and simplify IT operations through enterprise solutions in four strategic areas: systems management, security, and information management. These industry leading solutions enable IT organizations to simplify operations, maximize workforce productivity and deliver faster results.
Our Identity Manager solutions allow customers to control access and achieve governance while providing leading edge simplicity in a modular and integrated approach. This is one of the fastest growing and exciting business areas covering a range of industry leading solutions in the increasingly important business areas of Identity Governance & Access Management.
Engineers will work as part of a Global team to provide a high standard of technical support to customers utilizing the Identity Manager Solution. Stellar customer service and handling skills and the ability to interface, collaborate and prioritize customer issues with development and effectively communicate solutions to customers is crucial to the role. An ability to work across regional boundaries with Country and Product Managers to ensure product quality and stability and a determination to professionally manage and resolve a number of potentially complex issues on Windows, Novell, and IBM platforms is required.
As a successful Support Engineer you will be able to work independently to test and debug customer issues in lab environments and operate as a key member of a virtual product team spanning across continents and time zones. A flexible attitude and capacity for absorbing information and keeping up to date with Technology is essential. You will gain exposure to enterprise environments incorporating AD/LDAP, E-Mail systems, ERP systems and database deployments. Therefore a good cross-platform technology background is desired. Customer service and teamwork are our core principles and having fun in the process is expected.
For the right individuals with a passion to deliver top quality customer service there are excellent opportunities to progress within the Technical Support Organization.
As a one of our Support Engineer you will gain exposure to some or all of the following technologies:
Operating Systems: Windows Server
Databases: Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle
Target Systems: Active Directory, Exchange, LDAP, SAP, Sharepoint
Networking: DNS, LDAP, HTTP, SMTP
Virtualization: ESX, VMWare Workstation
Languages: C# .NET , Powershell, VB .NET
Cloud: Cloud access provisioning, Identity federation, Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML)
Role Requirements:Essential Support Skills
- Experience in a similar customer service work environment
- Must be independent, self-motivated, a team player and have a people-oriented personality
- Effective and efficient problem solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in fast paced, dynamic environment
- Able to be professional and have timely management of personal work load covering multiple problems
- Keep up to date with emerging technologies and latest Microsoft product versions.
- Delivery of excellent customer service.
- Awareness of Change Control Process
Essential Technical Skills
- 2+ years’ experience managing and troubleshooting Active Directory (User/Group Administration, ADSI Edit, Replication, Permissions, Group Policies)
- 2+ years’ experience with enterprise network configuration, DNS and troubleshooting methods
- 2+ years’ experience in Technical support, Development or System administration
- Candidate must have a strong customer orientation, excellent phone etiquette and an excellent work ethic
- Candidate should possess excellent communications and multitasking skills
- Be able to work under pressure with calmness and composure
- Work independently and also in a team, with strong troubleshooting and diagnostic skills
- Experience with VB .NET or experience in another programming language and the willingness to learn VB .NET
- Familiarity with debugging tools/techniques (e.g. WebEx)
- Knowledge and experience with Object Oriented Programming
- Knowledge of Transact SQL (T-SQL) or PL/SQL scripting
- Knowledge of database design (entity-relationship model, normalization)
- Working knowledge of LDAP, Understanding of Schema and Kerberos
- Experience with Internet Information Services for Windows
- Knowledge of VBScript, PowerShell, C#
- Knowledge of SQL Server
- Exposure to Linux and Unix systems would be an advantage
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Additional language skills (especially German) – desirable but not essential
- Technical Writing Skills
As a Support Engineer, you will be supporting North American/Global customers for the Management solution.