Director, Strategic Partnerships
Our client is the pioneer of Enterprise Strategy and Results Management solutions and the only OKR offering for large enterprises. While every business has strategic priorities and an urgency to achieve them, few have a systematic, data-driven and reliable process to evolve those priorities, get everyone aligned on them, drive results and measure progress.
Their product helps organizations accelerate growth by making alignment and accountability remarkably easy. Its SaaS solution transforms an antiquated approach to strategy alignment and progression into a dynamic, data-driven practice augmented by analytics and intelligence. The company's platform brings objectives, results, actions and meetings together, enabling organizations and teams to more quickly iterate and execute strategic priorities in dynamic markets. The direct buyer is typically the CEO or GM of a business unit and the application is deployed to all employees under the P&L owner – giving the company a very large market opportunity. Its customers today are Microsoft, Cisco, Workday, GE, IBM, Cision, Jio, Transamerica, Samsung, Juniper, Malwarebytes, Reliance Industries, Influitive, and others.
The company is growing at 3x and nearly half its revenue comes from its install base which, combined with the addressable market, create a unique opportunity to build a very successful enterprise software company. It was founded by seasoned entrepreneurs, Deidre Paknad and Daryoush Paknad and is backed by top tier investors including GGV Capital, Workday Ventures, M12 (Microsoft’s venture fund), and Floodgate Fund.
As director of strategic partnerships, you’ll expand opportunities and deepen market leverage by partnering with Microsoft, Workday, Deutsche Telekom and boutique consultants that help customers adopt the solution fast and successfully. You’ll activate and drive revenue with the Microsoft field organization (who gets quota retirement from sales), enhance and optimize the go-to-market relationship and cultivate the right services partners.
Be a thought partner and strategy contributor to exceptional executive team, sales and services organizations. Craft and execute new revenue-driving partnerships from start to finish. Provide guidance to the organization on partnering for maximum revenue and influence; tap venture investors to realize your best results ever.
Start with the advantages of Microsoft and Workday as investors and Deutsche Telekom as a global reseller and build from there! Build the partners and alliances function by tapping into some of the best enterprise partners a startup can get. You’ll join one of the smartest go-to-market leadership teams in one of the largest enterprise markets – and get to build out the partner programs with the wind at your back.
They are an incredibly supportive team, with powerhouse sales, product and creative team members who quickly bring partnership strategy ideas to life.
They are excited about a lot of things—what “best” looks like for customers, what “breakthrough” looks like in the market—and they share these passions across the company, with partners and with customers.
Bring 7+ years of increasing sales and alliances experience and expertise in enterprise and SaaS business arenas, an entrepreneur’s mindset, and a relevant degree from a great school. It’s crucial that you have a deep connection to the fundamental value proposition and can build excitement and ownership for it in with stakeholders in strategic partners.
You’ll be skilled and super effective at:
- Articulating joint customer value and partner value to partners
- Understand how large tech partners work, how to motivate and work their complex organizations
- Crafting and bringing to fruition the win/wins that make partnerships truly productive
- Identifying, developing and communicating breakthrough go-to-market opportunities that catapult us to the top of the partners’ agendas
- Enabling field sales teams and partners on how to engage buyers and earn their business
- Delivering sales tools that partner sales team love and use
- Positioning the product for executives in the partner community to drive full mindshare
- Partnering with peer teams across sales, growth, professional services, customer success and development to build a company that is great in customers’ eyes
- Understand the needs and agenda of P&L leaders in large enterprise and jointly meet them through partnerships
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU'LL:
- Attend new-hire immersion training to build a deep understanding of buyers, their pain points, solution offering and how they work well as a team.
- Meet with Growth, Sales, Product Management, Engineering and Customer Success teams to learn more about the solution, go to market and roadmap
- Meet with at least 2 product teams at Microsoft and with Workday on the partnership opportunities, levers and progress
- Take ownership of the partnership dialogues
- Have read all of the existing sales and success/services assets and be a daily user of their product yourself
- Be able to articulate the value, benefits and relevance of the platform easily and effectively
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Have quarter OKRs with each partner and buy-in from their execs and partner teams to achieve them
- Build partner-specific value propositions and go to market assets that amplify and accelerate revenues
- Take ownership of partner enablement and tools, working closely with the internal and partners stakeholders
- Establish shared revenue targets with partners and a clear go to market plans in full flight
- Identify and cultivate 1-2 service delivery partnerships
- Identify and develop the go to market assets partners need to succeed
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Build/update a library of partner assets related to buyers, competitors, and customer stories
- Be the foremost authority partners turn to and contribute to strategic direction decisions
- Build the partner pitch decks and communications their impact on revenue
- Influence at least $10M in pipeline and $2M in ARR through partners in your second quarter and scale it from there
- Be the first person in the company the sales team goes to for partner opportunities, messaging, input and win strategies
- Drive $1M in partner-driven wins
Our client provides a powerful, modern results platform to help companies achieve their growth plans. Unlike most enterprise software, their solution is important to every employee, so they strive to set the high bar for capabilities that delight and enable everyone to be more successful at work. Their product is strategic to companies and personally relevant to the people that work in them.
Our client is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates learning, diversity and inclusion. If you’re hungry to grow your skills while growing a company, your sense of urgency matches the size of their market opportunity, and you value and enable team mates’ contributions, then come join us!