Our client's Customer Team is dedicated to helping customers reach their goals at maximum velocity. They're looking for energetic and empathetic people with big aspirations without big attitude who measure their success by the value they create for their customers.
As a Customer Success and Services Engagement Manager you will form strategic advisor relationships with their most senior customer stakeholders as well as lead a small pod of 3-4 CSMs and Solution Consultants. You will be accountable for services delivery and retention metrics for a set of enterprise customers.
They are still early in their journey and are looking for people who get excited about an opportunity to shape the playbook of Customer Success and Services and can be flexible and ready to contribute across multiple areas as they scale at a rapid velocity.
What you’ll do:
- Lead effective customer onboarding engagements
- As an EM you will personally run OKR workshops for most senior executives and also provide guidance to a Solution Consultant and a CSM that will partner with you to deliver successful customer onboarding
- Establish a trusted advisor relationship with customers. Engage closely with the Executive Sponsor as well as other strategic leaders that influence the direction of the program and help them unlock the most value and achieve higher velocity in their business. Earn the right to be an advisor on closing strategy-execution gap.
- Meet with key customers to help resolve challenges/escalations when needed.
- Partner with sales to identify and help pursue opportunities for account growth/expansion.
People Leadership and Development:
- Lead, mentor and coach a small group (3-4) of CSMs and Solution Consultants to achieve and exceed professional goals and targets. Develop/support a results-oriented learning culture.
- Conduct 1:1s, feedback/coaching sessions, and career conversations
- Work hand-in-hand with your team to develop success plans for each of their customers and stay on top of upcoming renewals.
- Actively contribute to shaping the internal Customer Success best practices (processes, playbooks, and collateral).
- Run internal skills trainings as needed.
- Partner with the product team to provide feedback and product ideas.
- At least 8 years of overall work experience. At least 2 years of client-facing experience in a strategy firm such as McKinsey, Bain, BCG, Booz Allen or on transformation teams at Deloitte or similar organizations
- Genuine, warm, positive, engaging, empathetic, shows tact and poise under pressure. Has a genuine passion for delivering exceptional customer experience and value to customers.
- Excellent communicator & listener with the ability to credibly and confidently engage executives. Polished presentation, meeting facilitation, and written communication skills.
- Strong managerial and leadership skills, and at least 2 years of experience leading teams (including coaching and mentoring teammates). Able to provide timely, actionable feedback, guidance and coaching that is well received by your audience
- Business savvy, with strong interest and experience in areas of strategy development, linking strategy and execution, operational excellence, and developing high performing teams.
- Results oriented problem solver with excellent organization, project management, and time management skills.
- Self-starter with strong ownership skills, willing to go above and beyond the job description, not afraid to work in a fast moving start up environment. Experience in startup/growth stage fast innovator environment is a plus.
- Able to travel up to 50% of the time to customer locations as needed.