Build, maintain, and execute on a technical roadmap vision. Drive architectural direction for a secure, scalable, self-correcting platform. Develop prioritization for, and define our approach to, paying down technical debt, and driving the innovation of our product to bring true value to our customers over the life of the product.
- Work closely with the Product Management Leadership on the product roadmap.
- Perform R&D activities for solving immediate needs and future adaptation of new technologies.
- Develop an API strategy for integrating with key third party partners, especially payroll providers.
- Collaborate closely with our offshore development third party partner. Review documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, and code comments developed by the team.
- Create and communicate development standards, frameworks, policies and archetypes to help developers adopt future technologies and speed time to production.
- Dive into code to find and fix issues and improve performance. Be willing to roll up your sleeves when needed.
- Provide qualitative and quantitative feedback on team performance to the business leadership team.
- Actively participate on the leadership team, bringing a technical perspective and deep analytical skills to issues at hand.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelors degree in related field (ie. Software Engineering, IT, etc.)
- 8+ years of Software Development/Architecture
- A history of using innovative technology to both enable and drive business value.
- Experience working with software engineers, QA managers and UX designers in an offshore environment.
- Experience assessing and selecting offshore development partners.
- Ability to articulate the benefit of technical tasks to non-technical stakeholders.
- A reputation of crossing boundaries and maximizing collaboration to meet company goals.
- An excellent understanding of SaaS enterprise architecture and experience in building and scaling our fast growing platform.
- Intellectual curiosity about technology and passion for learning new things
- Proven track record for solving large scale, complex problems in simple and elegant ways.
- Excellent communication skills.
Technology Stack Available Upon Request.