First Impressions are important. Given this, our client is the nation’s leader in the design and construction of high-end, unique elevator. The company is based in Alameda, CA with clients throughout the country. We are seeking someone with 5-8+ years of experience as a Controller/Assistant Controller working in a construction, manufacturing or an accounting firm.
Working under the CFO, the Controller will assist in all the accounting and business functions of the business, included but not limited to: monthly financials, project cost control, equipment cost reporting, payroll, HR, accounts payable and receivable, monthly handling, and oversight of all back-office duties and processes.
- Key is your business analysis capabilities to determine and manage KPI's, project performance, overhead and fixed cost management, etc.
- All accounting operations including billing, A/R, A/P, GL, cost accounting, inventory, revenue recognition, etc.
- Regulatory reporting
- Company compliance
- Month- and year-end close processes
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage local, state and federal tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies
- Strengthen internal controls
- Oversee audits
- Oversee HR functions
- Additional controller duties as necessary
- More important than all of the above, is the ability to drive financial discipline throughout the company. Also, to do so while building a culture of financial responsibility throughout the workforce, and middle & upper management.
- 5-8+ years of experience as a Controller / Assistant Controller
- Experience in the construction, manufacturing, or like industry
- Must possess a 4-year related accounting or finance degree
- MBA or CPA highly desired
- Must be technically savvy to learn or understand ERP and Accounting systems
- Strong understanding of annual audits with experience in leading these projects
- Management experience leading a small team
- Must be familiar with the Construction Industry
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.