Our client is the leading provider in rural healthcare services and we’re looking for driven Vice President, Sales and Business Development to add to their team.
Our client’s charter is to provide the most cost-effective solution enhancing care experiences for Patients and Staff to rural communities across the country. They provide highly trained and seasoned hospitalist professionals that understand the business of healthcare and are a champion of implementing EHR/EMR-CPOE and core measure compliance. They match their Physicians to the hospital based upon “the best fit” for their specific needs and environment. This group works collaboratively with the medical and clinical staff to enhance the continuum of care.
Our client is a profitable organization with a proven track record of execution and performance with an active sales funnel that is ready to accelerate to the next level. As stated, we are looking for a strategic and passionate VP, Sales capable of leading our field sales team to assist in the development of new markets and identify new business opportunities.
Are you a proven sales leader with a history of success and experience in rural healthcare services? Do you have a background in talking with doctors and hospital administrators? Are you looking for a new opportunity where you can leverage your expertise, relationships, and thrive in a solid growth privately held company? If so, please read on.
We are in search for a VP of Sales to lead out a small team in building relationships and closing deals with thousands of rural clinics and hospitals across the United States. We are seeking a professional sales leader who can be an expert in our industry, ambitious, inspiring, and has a strong work ethic in order to continue to lead and build strong revenues in a unique service offering with tremendous value to the client. This position reports to the CEO, and will be a strategic part of the executive team. This candidate will have a strong emphasis on business development, and will be responsible for leveraging the company’s strengths in understanding and improving our client’s needs in serving rural healthcare. In conjunction with the day to day account executives, and through in-depth discussions and analysis of a client’s business and their needs, you will identify opportunities for the company’s products and services, and play a significant role in growing the business.
What you’ll do:
How you'll do it:
- Lead, develop, and coach Account Executives who sell into rural hospitals and clinics.
- Lead the charge to understand and close complex and large deals.
- Strategically build relationships across the US and maintain these relationships
- Execute against targets by hiring and managing an elite sales team
- Successfully manage account executives through ramping, training, and day-to-day activities--ultimately driving continual progress for each individual on your team.
- Be willing to carry a bag and assist in most deals.
- Act as an industry expert with deep rural healthcare knowledge of our services.
- Be accountable for accurate forecasting, clear communication to your team and to leadership, and successfully managing CRM activities and reports for your team
- Create, cultivate and reward a culture of innovation, objectivity, purposeful contribution, and founder mindset within organization
- Create strategic plans to generate a strong pipeline, while meeting and exceeding sales targets
- Collaborate well with other departments to promote customer needs and create viable solutions
- Collaborate, develop, and lead strategies to win complex and large accounts
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Manage and lead your team by exercising the company values
- Meeting with prospects and customers frequently to discover and understand the root cause of their challenges and how to solve them.
- Articulating the company’s value proposition, insights, and engage customers in jointly addressing business priorities and objectives that align with their business needs and timelines
- Quickly understanding the customer’s decision-making process
- Supporting, assisting, and driving strategy and process for the Account Executives to close deals
- Finding ways to shorten the sales cycle and accelerate deal progression
- Conducting effective weekly one-on-ones with each account executive for a sound understanding of each client and opportunity
- Leading quarterly and annual strategic planning sessions for accounts and onsite meetings
- Holding each Account Executive accountable to deliver and exceed committed results
- Inspiring your team to be their very best in their role and career
- 5+ years of sales experience in rural healthcare from any industry
- 8+ years in sales leadership positions
- Solid understanding and experience selling into the healthcare industry
- A successful track record of building a high performing sales team for complex deals.
- A successful track record selling a net-new solution in a complex sales environment
- Excellent leadership, communication, presentation, problem solving, analytical, and solution selling skills
- The ability to learn and process information quickly
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- The ability to coordinate and secure buy-in from internal stakeholders
- A deep hunger to succeed and achieve new milestones
Ability to travel 30+% of the time